Recycling of white expanded polystyrene
Each year, 10 tons of plastic from styrofoam are recovered at Recycle-Action. This avoids the unnecessary and environmentally damaging burial of polystyrene.
Who is this free service for?
- All environmentally concerned individuals and companies
How does the polystyrene recycling program work?
- Self-serve depot
- The container is available anytime at 1301 Spence Avenue in Hawkesbury. Follow the signs on the building.
- Place your polystyrene pieces in the container intended for this purpose.
A few facts about polystyrene
- White expanded polystyrene is a plastic material used as protective packaging in many consumer products such as electronics, furniture and appliances.
- White polystyrene is composed of 90 % air and 10 % plastic. By removing the air, we can extract and recycle the plastic.
- In a landfill site, polystyrene will take thousands of years to decompose. It is therefore preferable to recycle it.